On a lazy Saturday by 11 a.m., I have usually asked what we want for dinner. Today, it’s the end of the month, so I am down to four steaks, two chicken breasts, and fixin’s. So as we ping-ponged back and forth, we both finally came to BLTs. It’s hot and windy out, so the BLT meal is light while having substance. Happy Saturday!
Cooking Course (this is the food that is laid out when I am cooking):
- Syrah coated Italian cheese from Trader Joe’s and a Soppressata salami. Crackers or bread would get in the way. At this time, beverages would be poured. The wife had sangria, whilst I had the rest of my ghetto Vendange cabernet.
- Crispy bacon
- Leafy lettuce
- Two tomotoes, sliced
- bread of your choice, toasted (me, wheat; the wife, sourdough)
- Lashings of mayo and mustard (I’m a mayo only type of dude on a BLT)
- Layer these and be happy.
- Macaroni salad bought from the supermarket, nothing like it.
- Doritos of the flavor that tickles your taint that night.
- I had wine, but I should have had a beer.
- My wife kept with the sangria, and I think she had an inside track on that.
This unpretentious dinner never disappoints. We’ve actually hosted a lunch party and this was the menu, and they were stoked. Usually some sort of dry sub is served, but to get a homemade BLT? Everybody’s happy.
Until later, eat, drink, and peace out.